Content Strategy & Development
Lifecycle Content Strategy is a B2B marketing discipline that gives marketers the edge online and throughout the sales process. It involves the identification, development and management of a company’s marketing and sales content and collateral to support the buyer’s journey through:
- website content and downloads
- corporate profiles, product/service specifications
- case studies, white papers, presentations, audio/video webcasts, relevant research, blogs, newsletters, opinion pieces
- sales support material such as proposal templates, cheat sheets, competitive intelligence
Most buyers assiduously research solutions before you can possibly know they have a ‘problem’ to be addressed. Even when you have identified and communicated with your target audience, they won’t open a dialogue with you unless they are aware of your brand and feel comfortable you are worthy as a potential supplier. This means it is important that your brand and thought leadership are ‘out there’ all the time – and that messages you are transmitting to the marketplace are current, consistent, relevant and professional.
A solid Lifecycle Content Strategy can help you:
- increase and enhance awareness of your brand by demonstrating thought leadership with your target audience and the media
- promote your key corporate and product/service messaging and reinforce your brand image every time you touch a suspect, prospect or customer
- cater for a range of communications preferences: summary vs detailed, technical vs business – and media types: printed, downloads, HTML, video
- feed demand generation and nurturing programs to take your prospects along the buyer’s journey to become qualified, sales-ready opportunities
- establish an effective social media program to create a community of ‘followers’
- support your sales team throughout a long sales cycle – from prospect identification to sales proposal/tender development
- engage with your existing client base on an on-going basis to maintain loyalty, upsell and cross-sell
To find out more about Content Strategy, please read the article ‘Mapping Info-Assets to the Buyer’s Journey‘.