What makes a successful lead generation campaign?
While there are no guarantees when humans are part of the equation, there are certain elements that go a long way to guaranteeing an impact and driving desired behaviours or actions.
As a digital strategist I’m often asked, “What makes you think this will work?” “Are you sure we’ll hit our target?”Creating a logical stepped journey will help your audience make decisions quicker. Click To Tweet
Read more: How to design a lead engine
Here’s a handy checklist that should help you craft a lead generation campaign that works:
- Be clear about your audiences’ need – picture it, feel it, know it (don’t guess).
- How are you going to fix it or address it?
- Who are you talking to? Speak their language in their context – don’t ‘mimic’ it.
- Take time to do research on the current state of your target industry. What other messages are your audience receiving?
- Assess competitor positioning. How are you honestly different?
- Have stakeholders agree what success looks like, framed with clear expectations and measures of success.
- Create a simple workflow for your audience to follow – don’t over complicate.
- Consider integrating several different tactics to cater for the time poor.
Creating a logical stepped journey that feels natural will help your audience make decisions quicker.
That doesn’t mean making your communications devoid of emotion – in fact, empathy and emotion are the most powerful hooks we have as marketers.
Just make sure your message is easy to understand. This is also a measure of respect – you respect your audience’s time, so don’t waste it with waffle (particularly about how great you are).
Read more: 7 risks of poor data hygiene
Remember, this checklist applies to any channel.
The B2B lead playing field is fragmented and diverse. In-person events, social media, phone calls, emails, SEO, paid media… it can all work, and works together (a little like a multi-headed hydra).
Do your lead generation homework and you’ll come as close as you can to guaranteed results.